|Call and email your Senators NOW and tell them to say NO to Elena Kagan!|
June 29, 2010
The Senate Judiciary Committee has begun holding hearings on President Obama's second Supreme Court nominee, former Harvard Law School Dean and current Solicitor General (SG) Elena Kagan, so it's important that you call and email your Senators and encourage them to take a stand and to ask tough questions of this Leftist nominee!
Please take a few minutes to read this week's Phyllis Schlafly column, outlining the ways in which Elena Kagan fits in to President Obama's plan to "break free from our Constitution" and "fundamentally transform America."
A far cry from being a constitutionalist who respects the original intent of our Founding Fathers, Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan:
It has also been falsely interpreted that Elena Kagan opposes same-sex marriage. Under her charge, the U.S. Department of Justice filed a brief that gratuitously abandoned strong grounds for defending the Defense of Marriage Act. Prominent supporter of same-sex marriage, Law Professor Dale Carpenter, celebrated the brief as "a gift to the gay-marriage movement" that "will no doubt make its way into judicial opinions." During Kagan's confirmation process when she was nominated for Solicitor General last year, she strongly signaled that if given the chance, she would invent a constitutional right to same-sex marriage.
Elena Kagan is answering questions before the Senate Judiciary Committee-so call and email your Senators NOW and tell them to say NO to Elena Kagan!
Capitol Switchboard: 202-224-3121
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
NOTE: The Traditional Marriage Amendment was supported by 59% of Wisconsin's voters in 2006.
Ruling Expected This Week
AAAMADISON, Wis. -- The Wisconsin Supreme Court is expect to rule this week on the state’s gay marriage ban.
The court will decide if the 2006 constitutional amendment banning gay marriage and civil unions was properly put to voters. A lawsuit claims the measure violated the constitution because it asked two questions at the same time: whether to limit marriage to one man and one woman, and whether to outlaw any similar legal status for unmarried individuals.
According to the state Constitution, all ballot questions should be limited to a single subject.
A Dane County judge ruled the question was valid in 2008.
If the court strikes down the amendment, it would not legalize gay marriage because state law already defines marriage as a union between a husband and wife.
- November 3, 2009: Gay Marriage Amendment Case Heard By Supreme Court
Gay Marriage Amendment Case Heard By Supreme Court
Court Expected To Rule By Summer
Updated: 7:56 pm CST November 3, 2009
MADISON, Wis. -- The Wisconsin Supreme Court heard arguments Tuesday that the state's ban on gay marriage should be set aside because lawmakers didn't follow the right procedure to amend the state constitution.
Attorney Lester Pines told justices on Tuesday that voters must be asked separately about every change proposed to the constitution, and that didn't happen during the 2006 vote.
In 2006 when voters got the controversial constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, they were asked one question with two parts, and passed it.
University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh political science professor William McConkey contends that the procedure was illegal because voters should have been able to vote on each part separately.
"The first section (of the amendment question) relates to the definition of marriage -- only a marriage between one man and one woman. The second section relates to something other than that," Pines, McConkey's attorney, told the court's justices.
But Pines said the two issues are distinct and separate from one another and that lawmakers violated state law by holding only one vote on them.
The state attorney general denies that.
Assistant Attorney General Lewis Beilin said the constitution was correctly amended because the two parts of the amendment question were closely related.
Beilin also asserted that McConkey has no right to bring a challenge because he can't claim an injury.
The state said McConkey has no injury to claim, because even if the two pieces of the amendment had been separate, he would have voted the same way.
"McConkey conceded that even if the two propositions in this amendment were presented separately he would have voted no to each one," Beilin told the court.
The court is expected to rule by the summer. Even if the court overturns the constitutional ban on gay marriage, it will still be illegal under state law.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
SIGN PETITION HERE
Petition to the Milwaukee Area Technical College
District Board and Citizens of Arizona
We, the undersigned, citizens of Wisconsin are offended by the recent actions of the Milwaukee Area Technical College Board in adopting a resolution calling for a boycott of the State of Arizona because of newly-adopted legislation to curb their growing problem with illegal immigration.
MATC’s actions are clearly designed to punish all citizens of the State of Arizona by threatening their jobs at a time of general economic downturn. The actions show a level of unprecedented intolerance towards other states that we believe would be unconstitutional under the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution and completely contrary to the principles under which our great country was founded. Our country will clearly collapse if many more political bodies take it upon themselves to declare economic war on other states and municipalities every time they disagree with a statute or ordinance.
We express support for all people of Arizona of every political stripe and assure them that we will continue to proudly buy goods and services from the State of Arizona and are thoroughly embarrassed by the actions of the six radicals on the MATC Board who have a desire to put a division between the citizens of our two states. We intend to do what we can through our elected officials to bring these unelected radicals back to a position that we are confident the vast majority of people in the Milwaukee area and the State of Wisconsin believe in.
We feel MATC’s actions show a complete lack of respect for the diversity of opinion which exists throughout our nation and has thoroughly embarrassed the entire State of Wisconsin.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Grothman to MATC Board: Time to Rescind Arizona Boycott Resolution
Milwaukee Tech College’s Intolerance Embarrasses Wisconsin
- Ask the Milwaukee area school board presidents who appointed the six** radicals to the MATC Board to pass their own resolution condemning the Board and see if they can remove them from the Board.
- Introduce a letter for state legislators to sign expressing their desire to have the MATC rescind their resolution and apologize to the State of Arizona for their display of intolerance.
- Introduce legislation next January barring political subdivisions from discriminating against American businesses based on location.
- Coordinate an on-line petition at www.weresorryarizona.com for citizens to sign to be forwarded to the Arizona Legislature apologizing for the embarrassing and reckless actions of MATC.
- Investigate legislation to allow school districts in Ozaukee and Washington counties to be moved to the Moraine Park Technical District if feasible. The more tolerant members of Ozaukee and Washington Counties should not have to be part of a technical college board that is using their tax dollars to punish states with which they disagree.
- One of the six radicals was Nicolet School Administrator Richard Monroe. What are the children in the Nicolet School District learning in their civics classes? Our country will not survive if the next generation refuses to do business with other states who disagree with them. The Nicolet School Board should take some action to force Richard Monroe to change his vote.
** The six radicals on the MATC Board are: Lauren Baker, Richard Monroe, Fred Royal Jr., Peter Earle, Bobbie Webber, and Ann Wilson.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
2. The American Cancer Society Actively Lobbied in Support of the Controversial HPV Vaccine Mandate for Wisconsin’s Little Girls. During the 2007-08 Legislative Session, the American Cancer Society testified in favor of and lobbied for Assembly Bill 492/ Senate Bill 252 - http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2007/data/AB492hst.html a bill mandating the promotion of controversial cervical cancer vaccines like Gardasil for 6th-grade girls in Wisconsin's public, private, and homeschools.
Numerous Mothers and Grandmothers and advocates for the Wisconsin Association of Christian Schools and the Wisconsin Council of Religious and Independent Schools (all 5 Catholic Dioceses, Missouri Lutheran, Seventh Day Adventists, and Evangelical Lutheran Synods) worked tirelessly for the defeat of this offensive legislation advanced by the well-funded pharmaceutical industry and such financial beneficiaries as Planned Parenthood - the state's largest abortion promoter, provider, and profiteer.
Based on how hard the Wisconsin Association of Christian Schools, Wisconsin Council of Religious and Independent, and various Pro-Family Groups worked to defeat this extreme mandate, it makes NO sense for Christian churches and schools to continue to fund the American Cancer Society's offensive agenda.
If you are unfamiliar with the widely publicized vaccine Gardasil manufactured by Merck, Judicial Watch’s website offers copies of medical reports detailing deaths, cases of paralysis and other injuries from this vaccine that was fast-tracked through the FDA's so-called 'approval process.' (If you will recall, Merck is the manufacturer of Vioxx the drug involved in national class action lawsuits and the payout of millions in damages.) We must not allow pharmaceutical giants to use innocent 11-year-old girls as cash cows to replenish lost profits from their other failed products. (Also find out more about Merck’s failure to pay billions in back taxes-IRS.)
According to the 2009-2010 lobbying reports posted by the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, the American Cancer Society is listed again as an organization involved in the promotion of this multi-million dollar scheme against the families of this state. http://ethics.state.wi.us/scripts/CurrentSession/BandrLobbied.asp?PrinID=2573&start=A&start2=
Excellent Articles (Numerous articles available from a Google Search):
Merck Payola Pays Off: Texas Governor Orders STD Vaccine for ALL Girls –www.ahrp.org/cms/content/view/455/28/
Mom Says HPV Vaccine Causes Paralysis in 12-Year Old Daughter
Support for HPV Vaccine Gardasil Helps Planned Parenthood Says LDI Presidentwww.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2007/oct/07101807.html
3. Targeting Fiscal Conservatives. Few Wisconsin taxpayers realize that $36 Million was spent by the vast spectrum of lobbying groups last year at our State Capitol. One primary function of lobbyists is to launch campaigns to separate dollars from taxpayers to fund their agendas. If you wonder why Wisconsin has an enormous budget deficit, just look to Wisconsin's overbearing lobbying corps for your answers. If your legislators spend more time with lobbying rather than with you and the folks paying the bills, that needs to change on November 2. If you have a legislator that respects the limits on your wallet, take a moment to thank them and encourage them to hold the line on all of Wisconsin's run-away spending.
Blogger Owen Robinson discussed the politics of theAmerican Cancer Society, the American Lung Association, and the American Heart Association, and their agenda for Wisconsin's taxpayers stating, "The American Cancer Society, American Lung Association and the American Heart Association funded a mailer that was sent into certain Republican Assembly districts in Wisconsin attacking the incumbent Republican. Why? Because those Republicans voted for a budget that did not triple the spending on government anti-smoking campaigns from $10 million to $30 million and for refusing to jack up the taxes on cigarettes by $1.25 per pack."
4. $$ Conflicts of Interest. The Cancer Prevention Coalition (good guys) offers very compelling data in theirarticle "American Cancer Society: The World's Wealthiest 'Nonprofit' Institution" by Samuel S. Epstein, MD. http://www.preventcancer.com/losing/acs/wealthiest_links.htm Dr. Epstein's article details the inner workings of the ACS from the generous salaries and pensions they offer their employees and executives, their excessive overhead, and the Hollywood-style manner in which they select their Board of Directors, etc. Epstein states:
· "…for every $1 spent on direct service, approximately $6.40 is spent on compensation and overhead."
· "In 1992, The Chronicle of Philanthropy reported that the ACS was 'more interested in accumulating wealth than in saving lives.'"
· "Nationally, only 16% or less of all money raised is spent on direct services to cancer victims."
· "The current budget of ACS is $380 Million and its cash reserves approach $1 Billion."
· "Fund-raising appeals routinely stated that the ACS needed more funds to support its cancer programs, all the while holding more than $750 Million in cash and real estate assets."
In the article, "Is the American Cancer Society More Interested in Cancer Profit than Cancer
Prevention?"http://www.naturalnews.com/010244.html found on the Organic Consumers Association website, you will learn about the emphasis ACS places on treatment and screening rather than on prevention. This multi-Billion dollar approach serves the interests of their key allies very well.
5. The Abortion-Breast Cancer Link. Again, in the interest of brevity, we encourage you to research numerous on-line articles about the Abortion Breast Cancer link.
http://www.abortionbreastcancer.com/The_Link.htm One interesting website you may wish to review is the Coalition on Abortion/Breast Cancer. One insider's perspective can be gleaned from an interesting little piece titled, "Women Leafleting Cancer Walks Ask 'Why Aren't Women Being Told About the ABC Link?"'
http://www.abortionbreastcancer.com/newsletter102202.htm Numerous studies show there is a heightened correlation between abortion and breast cancer.
*ACTION NEEDED *
If You Volunteer or Donate to
the American Cancer Society,
Please Stop Immediately
1. If your Church or Christian School participates in the annual Relay for Life or other fundraisers, urge them to Stop their participation immediately, and most importantly, their dollars $$$$.
2. If you have already donated, ask that Your dollars be returned IN FULL Immediately. If you have any problems getting a refund, file a complaint with the Wis. Dept. of Consumer Protection by calling 1-800-422-7128.
3. Educate Others - Write letters to the editor of newspapers around the state exposing the above information and the ACS, blog, pass out the attached handill at your church, school, etc.
4. Let Your State Legislators know that you Do Not support the controversial agenda of the American Cancer Society.
Friday, June 4, 2010
On June 10, the Senate will vote on SJ Res. 26, a Joint-Resolution to disapprove the EPA Rule that would allow the EPA to regulate carbon dioxide as a pollutant. Carbon dioxide occurs naturally throughout the environment, and is what mammals exhale. It is not a pollutant! If the EPA is allowed to define it as a pollutant and regulate it in the atmosphere, then the EPA has a license to regulate life itself.
This is what the resolution says:
"Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That Congress disapproves the rule submitted by the Environmental Protection Agency relating to the endangerment finding and the cause or contribute findings for greenhouse gases under section 202(a) of the Clean Air Act (published at 74 Fed. Reg. 66496 (December 15, 2009)), and such rule shall have no force or effect."
Please contact your Senators and urge them to adopt this critical resolution.
UW-Meriter/Madison is still committed to their late-term abortion plan on 22-week old viable babies.
The public and Alumni boycotts of the UW have been effective in holding off the killing of the unborn for the last year. The calls, emails, and boycott should continue.
Read and share the information below with your Church, and your friends and family across the entire state.
Contact information for each of the UW Regents can be accessed by clicking here: http://www.uwsa.edu/bor/bios/
Chancellor Biddy Martin
161 Bascom Hall
Madison, WI 53706
David Walsh - Chair of the UW Hospital and Clinics Authority Board
Foley & Lardner Law Firm
150 E. Gilman St. -
Madison, WI 53701-1497
Working for Wisconsin's Families,
Jolene - 1-800-662-1227
P.S. For more information about eugenic abortions in America, please see the new video Maafa 21http://www.maafa21.com/
UW Health denies it is dropping plans to offer second-trimester abortions
UPDATE: UW Health says plans still on for late-term abortions - http://www.wkowtv.com/Global/
Plan For Late-Term Abortion Services On Hold - UW Denies It's Dropping Abortion Services -http://www.channel3000.com/
Despite conflicting account, UW says late-term abortions still a go - Controversial service still planned to be offered at Madison Surgery Center
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
For Immediate Release
Washington, D.C., June 1, 2010 - The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) joins with holistic health pioneer Dr. Joseph Mercola in calling for Merck to voluntarily recall its live rotavirus vaccine - RotaTeq - which is contaminated with parts of a lethal virus that infects pigs - porcine circovirus 2 (PCV2) - and publicly pledge to clean-up the vaccine.
On May 7th, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) publicly pledged to re-formulate its rotavirus vaccine, Rotarix, by removing DNA from a non-lethal pig virus (PCV1). RotaTeq is contaminated with DNA from both PCV1 and PCV2. PCV2 is an aggressive virus that causes immune suppression, wasting disease and death in baby pigs.
“Responsible corporations voluntarily recall contaminated foods and drugs that could possibly compromise safety,” said NVIC Co-Founder & President Barbara Loe Fisher. “When RotaTeq is squirted into the mouths of babies, how many doctors or parents know those babies are swallowing DNA from a virus that can injure and kill baby pigs?”
“No company marketing a product found to be contaminated should be given a free pass,” said Dr. Joseph Mercola. “It is always dangerous to assume safety. Vaccines contaminated with viral DNA that could evolve and infect humans cannot and should not be assumed to be safe,” said Dr. Mercola.
The FDA recommended in March that doctors temporarily suspend use of GSK’s Rotarix vaccine after an independent lab using new technology detected PCV1 DNA in the rotavirus vaccine given to infants 2 to 6 months of age. At a special FDA advisory committee meeting on May 7, NVIC called on the FDA to legally require manufacturers to adhere to regulations for testing of vaccines before and after licensure for contamination and also require stricter labeling standards to fully inform consumers about any foreign DNA content that remains in vaccines.
On May 14, the FDA withdrew its suspension of Rotarix vaccine recommendation and pronounced both vaccines safe, even though both remain contaminated and safety data on PCV2 contamination of RotaTeq was not evaluated by the FDA advisory committee.
NVIC and Mercola.com defend informed consent to vaccination and support public access to vaccines that meet high standards for proof of safety and effectiveness. “Rotavirus vaccine is not required for daycare or school entry,” said Fisher. “The American Academy of Pediatrics and doctors should be informing parents they have a choice and that one rotavirus vaccine is contaminated with DNA from a lethal pig virus while the other is not.”
Dr. Mercola pointed to the recent voluntary recall of medicines for children that were contaminated with unidentified “particles,” as well as past voluntary recalls of contaminated food products. “Why should for-profit vaccine corporations which, unlike other industries, are shielded from liability by our government, be different from any other company selling a product in the U.S.? The American consumer has a right to demand that the products they use are pure and free from contamination,” he said.
About Us: The National Vaccine Information Center is a non-profit organization founded in 1982 to prevent vaccine injuries and deaths through public education and defend the informed consent ethic. Mercola.com is the most visited natural health website in the world.
TAKE ACTION NOW!